Find out if the Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream really works and learn the science behind it’s ingredients.
As aging progresses, you might have noticed that the under eye skin is the first place where wrinkles start to form. There’s also the issue of dark circles and puffiness that make the under eye area a problem zone for many. My holy grail eye product from Hylamide has been recently discontinued so I’m very much in the market for an effective eye product.
I’ve been impressed with a few different Perricone products recently- The No Makeup Makeup Range and Perricone’s CBD Soothing Moisturiser. The CBD moisturiser has really sorted out some nasty eczema I had on my neck so I was eager to try the Cold Plasma eye cream and see what it has to offer.
The Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream was sent to me for free, which does not affect my opinion. The links in this post are affiliate, which means if you click and spend, you are supporting my blog. There is a cyber sale on at the moment- 30% off with the code CYBER30, I also have an extra discounts for you- PMDXSD for 32% Off Perricone MD 14th-24th November and 28th-29th November, PMDX42 for 42% Off Perricone MD 25th-28th November.
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream The Facts
£83 for 15ml or £141 for 30ml from Perricone MD
Perricone promises that it’s Cold Plasma eye cream tackles the appearance of fine lines, dark circles, puffiness, crows feet and loss of firmness in one product.
What does it do?
Cold Plasma Plus+ Eye is a multi-tasking powerhouse that uses a proprietary liquid crystal delivery system for faster and deeper penetration of key ingredients. Packed with potent ingredients including copper tripeptides, Vitamin C Ester and omegas 3, 6 and 9, this advanced eye cream visibly corrects dark circles, lifts, firms and smooths the eye area.
Perricone MD has carried out some trials to test the efficacy of the Cold Plasma cream on women, here are the results-
In a clinical based study with 32 women, Perricone Cold Plasma Eye Cream showed significant improvement in the appearance of crow’s feet after 28 days for 100% of the participants and
94% showed improvement in skin elasticity over 7 days
And in a consumer test involving 54 women over 7 days, 85% saw a reduction in the appearance of dark circles, 85% saw an improvement in the appearance of under-eye bags and 85% saw a visible improvement in skin firmness
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream- The Science
I always think it’s important to examine the ingredients of any product I’m using to get an idea of how it’s going to work and I look at the scientific research to those ingredients which gives me an idea of effectiveness, as well as just trying a product out. I find it helps me keep up the habit of using a product long term if I understand how the ingredients work.
Water/Aqua/Eau, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Jojoba Esters, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phosphatidylcholine, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Copper Tripeptide-1, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Copper Gluconate, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Disodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-20, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)
- Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Esters, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil– these ingredients give the product it’s moisturising qualities and carry the active ingredients to the skin
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate– A Vitamin C derivative which acts as an antioxidant and may help with pigmentation
- Phosphatidylcholine– A moisturising and hydrating ingredient which acts as a delivery system for bringing actives deep into the skin’s layers
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5– A peptide also known as Eyeseryl, it reduces eye puffiness and there has been some scientific done by the manufacturer to show that it can work really well
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1– Part of well known peptide complex Matrixyl 3000, helps repair and strengthen the skin’s structure
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7– Also part of Matrixyl 3000, help to reduce inflammation and therefore inflammation related skin damage
- Copper Tripeptide-1– Aka GHK-Cu, the main ingredient in NIOD’s famous CAIL, a very promising anti aging ingredient which increases the production of collagen, elastin and all the other molecules that make the skin firm.
- Magnesium Aspartate– An amino acid salt which acts as a humectant. Which means that it draws water into the skin. It also nourishes the skin by providing aspartame, which helps with skin health
- Zinc and Copper Gluconate– A humectant ingredient which helps with skin healing
- Sodium Hyaluronate– A salt of Hylauronic acid, a fantastic humectant, it draws water to the skin and helps with hydration which is essential for skin health
- Rosemary Leaf Extract– A natural extract which could help with inflammation and puffiness
- N-Hydroxysuccinimide– An acidic salt which has been shown in studies to help with undereye darkness. It helps the skin to eliminate pigments like haemoglobin and haemosidderin which make the under eye look dark
- Chrysin– A flavanoid with anti inflammatory and anti oxidant capabilities, which on it’s own makes it a great skincare ingredient, but it also has a similar effect to N-Hydroxysuccinimide. It helps bring about the breakdown of dark discolouration under the skin by triggering the production of certain enzymes
There are loads of ingredients which benefit the under eye! There are certainly anti aging, firming, depuffing, dark circle blasting as well as many moisturising and soothing ingredients. There are way more active ingredients than Perricone MD highlighted on their site, which only boasted about a Vegetable Triglyceride Complex, Peptides and the Vitamin C ester.
Another thing the Perricone website boasted about the Cold Plasma Eye Cream was it’s liquid crystal delivery system. This is not something I’ve ever heard of before. Apparently liquid crystals are common in lots of ways, and the lipids in the skin have a liquid crystal formation. Basically put, liquid crystals are fluids with an organised molecular arrangement. They improve skin hydration and occlusion as well as penetration of ingredients (Iwai et al, 1998).
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream Review
The Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream comes in a gorgeous glass jar with a card box. Ideally, you should use a spatula or small spoon to get product out to prevent contaminating the rest of the jar. You need a very small amount to form a thin layer over the undereye and I like to apply some to the upper eyelid too.
The cream has a light non greasy texture. I’m not a big fan of rich oily creams around the eye and prefer more hydrating products. Rich creams around he eye can block follicles and result in milia (little white bumps). The Cold Plasma cream is unfragranced. This is great, fragrance can be very irritating in the sensitive eye area. It absorbs really nicely without leaving any oiliness, making a great base for eye makeup.
I’ve been using it twice a day for a couple of weeks which isn’t long enough to show visible effects to lines, I wouldn’t expect to see anything in that department. Peptides can take months to have an effect. But my under eye area feels moisturised, plump and brighter. The only issue I have with the cream is the price, it is a bit pricey to be repurchasing regularly (luckily there is a sale on at the moment, so stock up!).
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Eye Cream is a lovely product, with many fantastic ingredients which target numerous issues that plague the undereye- puffiness, dryness, lines, dark circles. I love the texture, how light it feels and how effectively it hydrates my eye area.
Here is a before and after from Perricone MD-
Head to PerriconeMD.com to purchase the Cold Plasma Eye Cream. There is a cyber sale on at the moment- 30% off with the code CYBER30 until December, I also have an extra discounts for you- PMDXSD for 32% Off Perricone MD 14th-24th November and 28th-29th November, PMDX42 for 42% Off Perricone MD 25th-28th November.
Iwai H, Fukasawa J, Suzuki T. A liquid crystal application in skin care cosmetics. Int J Cosmet Sci. 1998 Apr;20(2):87-102. doi: 10.1046/j.1467-2494.1998.171741.x.